MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, September 7, 2015

"I'm So Glad That I Kept Taking Piano Lessons!" - or something like that...

Hello everyone!

I hope that this week has been a good week for you and that you have all enjoyed the week!

In Tahiti, things have continued to be crazy! So, this week we did a service project that involved cutting down banana trees and clearing a space for a house! For the project, I was given a huge machette and just wacked down trees! I definitely felt like the Lorax would not like me... I couldn't really take pictures, because I had a knife in my hands, but it was awesome! The food this week was good as well! It still is really chicken, rice, and flavored water, but hey, I'll take it! No fafaru yet (I'll explain that when I have it)!

On the spiritual side, things were still great over here! We have continued to teach tons of lessons and still are teaching in 2 areas! We had 2 people confirm baptism dates this week and they are for the 19th and the 26th if everything goes well this next week! So, it should be awesome! And, I haven't really mentioned this, but though I still can't speak French or Tahitian, everyone knows I can speak the language of music! I have played in Sacrament Meeting, a baptism service, and a Priesthood Meeting, with other things that might come too! So stay "tuned". Another cool thing this week included the marraige of Jeanine (see picture) which was huge! Definitely a cool moment for her and for her family!
Definitely the Spiritual Moment of the week goes to one of my favorite Investigators, Papy Kenny. Before I got here, he had talked with the missionaries, but didn't want anything to do with the church. But, the past 3 lessons, I have bore a testimony of the Book of Mormon and how important it is for him to read it. Now, he speaks Tahitian very fast so I have no clue what he is saying, but, somehow, we started reading 3 Nephi 11 together and the Spirit was very strong! After 29 verses, I asked him if he wanted to be baptized, and he said yes! He said he wanted to think about a date, but I know that the reason he wanted to be baptized was centered around reading the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon makes a huge difference in all of our lives, and through it, we can know the will of God for us, find a desire to follow Christ, and lead others to the same knowledge. Pray for him to receive a baptism date tomorrow!!!
 
Everything is good here, hope all is well at home!
 
Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment