MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, August 31, 2015

"Bits of Pieces" and Learning to Crack a Coconut

Hey everyone! I hope that you have all had a great week and that the first week of school was great for everyone!

In Tahiti, things have been busy! We are currently covering 2 areas, so there are tons of lessons that we teach every day! I am still pretty lost with the language, but things are getting better and I am actually able to understand little bits of pieces here and there! It is a little sketchy though when someone raises their voice and you have no clue what they are saying ha ha ha! We didn't have a convert baptism this week, but we did have the chance to attend 2 other baptisms in the ocean! I was a witness for one of them and it was awesome to see and participate in that! We have a lot of potential in this area! The ones that are pictured underneath are some of my favorite investigators and they came to church this week!!!
  
Funny Story: I had a Tahitian girl come up to me and in broken English ask me if I wanted to marry a Tahitian after my mission... I think my basketball coach, Coach Bunting, would describe this as: Suspect.
Also, on the same trip, I learned how to break open a coconut, I wasn't very good at it ha ha ha!

Not very much time, but, make sure to give Michael Hicks a shoutout, I heard the EFY Medley here in Tahiti!
Also, everyone here knows Peter Lamb, make sure to tell him he's a celebrity here! Atiu is one of them
And I live in a place where we hang our laundry (so the shirts are not wrinkle free ha ha ha) and it's actually pretty nice!
I really eat rice, chicken, bread, raw fish, and chow mein because I am in a rich area of Tahiti. The weird foods will probably come when I am transfered... My companion is Elder Borgothous and he is in the last transfer of his mission! He is from Idaho, pretty strong, and knows French fluently! He definitely has a bigger knowledge than I do about several things and has served in the Marquis, Tahiti, Bora Bora, and many other islands. The language is still getting there, but I am able to pick out little bits of conversation, like Grandpa was saying, so that's good!
 
Spiritual thought of the week:
We all have the same amount of time each day to do things. What really matters in not how much time we have, but how we will use our time. At the judgement, God is not going to ask us how much time we had, rather, He will ask us how we spent our time. So, with a mission, job, or school, make sure to be using your time wisely!
 
That's really all I have time for, see you!

Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment