MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, January 4, 2016

Bonne anne'e and Ia orana i te matahiti api - Happy New Year!

Hey all!
 
I hope that you all had an awesome New Year! It was definitely weird for me to look at the calendar and see 2016!
But First.... A Toast!
 
Here, the sector is doing well! We continued to work crazy hard this week, and even with all of the crazy partying on New Years, we had a fair amount of lessons and progression from a lot of investigators! In the next few weeks to come, I hope that I can send their baptismal pictures! Truly the Lord is here at Maraa! If we continue to work hard, we'll continue to have success! Especially with the holiday over, I am excited to get back to normal work!
 
And everything else is going great! Elder Peel is definitely a great companion and we have tons of things coming up this week! This week, we had a baptismal interview that President Bize was there for, we will have a zone conference also that he will be here for, an interview with him, then another multi-zone conference next week. A lot of President Bize to come!
Karaoke with Elder Peel
 
Culture Shock: So, whoever created the "Minions" must have served a mission in Tahiti. "Minion" in English means "cute", the Minions I swear speak Tahitian, and like the people here, the Minions like Karaoke ha ha ha!

Funny Moment:
So, my bag strap has been breaking constantly. So, I decided to buy a Minion jumprope and that has served as my strap ha ha ha! Defintiely a little different!
The Minion Jump Rope Strap - Awesome
 
Spiritual Thought:
This week I have really thought about goal setting. With goals, if we set too many, there is no motivation to get them all done because it is impossible! If we set too few, We won't have a ton of motivation after we accomplish them. I finally decided to set 6 main goals, with the intention of making the small goals as the year and my needs progress and change. So, my challenge to you all would be to find 5 big things that will take all year to change. Then, after that, keep these 5 big things in a place you can see all day and make the little goals every day/week/whenever, to accomplish the 5 big things you want to see a change in this week.
 
Love you all! Hope you are all gearing up for school again ha ha ha!
 
Elder Garff
 
Yes, this is a picture of a pig farm just down the street from where Josh lives.  I am grateful for each picture Josh will send, but it did not really fit into the context of any of his letter, so, it has become bonus material.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment