MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, April 18, 2016

Katie's Engagement - A Masterful Prank

This week's post begs a little background information.
Katie recently made the decision to serve a mission.  While her papers were being prepared, she devised a plan by which she would tell Josh.  Naturally, she elected to lure him into believing that she was engaged instead.
Then, for Family Home Evening, we invented Katie's fiance' via a game of "Mash"
And Luke Reeves was born.

As Katie introduced Luke to Josh through her letters, and through correcting our letters, Josh began to believe the tale.  But, trusting his instincts, demanded a picture.  Katie immediately found an unsuspecting fellow business student, (name withheld in order to protect the innocent), who consented to play along.  She sent Josh this photo:

Letters came from Josh, asking if Katie was going to wait until he got home to get married.  Finally, Katie's call arrived, and she created the following announcement titled "BIG NEWS"

JOSH!!!

I'M ENGAGED!!! 

Luke is the absolute GREATEST and you will love him when you get home, but as for right now, love the PROPOSAL STORY!!

Yesterday, after he picked me up, we had a wonderful lighthearted dinner with his family (they are amazing by the way) and then we drove up the canyon a little ways to ride HORSES! We went on a gorgeous trail ride that winded up a pretty steep mountain and ended up being opposite of Park City's slopes. Once we arrived at the top, we got off the horses, hiked a little farther to where there was a HUGE lit heart on the opposite side of the mountain!! It was INCREDIBLE and I have never seen anything so beautiful! Here, he got down on one knee...and this is where we broke up...:) 

I got my call this week and I have been called to serve in the Bolivia, Cochabamba mission!! I am so excited and privileged to serve in such a great place:D I report to the Peru missionary training center on August 2nd and will be preparing to teach the gospel in Spanish-jealous?;)

Luke Reeves is really is a solid guy, but he was just made up by our family in a family home evening game of MASH (I'll send you a pic;)). However, I wasn't lying about the big news or that I'm engaged-I'm just engaged in a good cause to serving a mission:D All the other stuff was just to remind you about how incredibly witty, clever and charismatic your favorite sister is! With all this said, Rachel is still predicted to be married first so don't worry;)

Sorry to play the prank, but someone had to do it;) Have a great week, make good choices, and don't hate me okay? haha:D
Love,
Bubs

Josh responded:
BUBS.....
EAHA TO'OE HINAARO?????? JE SUIS CARRÉMENT FACHÉ AVEC TOI MAINTENANT. AITA VAU E ITE NAFEA E NENEHE IA'U IA PARAU TEIE NEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT, CONGRATS ON YOUR MISSION CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME TO HEAR!

And, you definitely got me, I'll put it on the next email ha ha ha! To everyone! But that is so great to hear! Congrats on your decision, and you really did get me, I opened that and honestly thought that you were engaged!!!! That was one of the weirdest transitions in my life! Shocked, confused, angry, shocked, confused, happy, angry, happy, furious, astonished beyond all measure!

Gosh dang it Bubs, I'll get you back one of these days.

Elder Garff

Katie has been called to the Bolivia Cochabamba Mission.  She will report to The Peru MTC on August 2.  Josh has vowed retaliation.


No comments:

Post a Comment