MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, June 13, 2016

Health is my #1 Priority

The Elders Exploring New Lands
Hey everyone!

I hope that you are all enjoying the summer and that you all have some great plans! As for me, I am just going to keep doing missionary work, the greatest work of all! :)

This week involved a lot of finding and a lot of scheduling. Soon, we are going to have a temple trip with our 10 converts and with a couple of our inactives too. It should be happening the 25th of June, which is a little sad because I don't think I'll be here... Next week we are having transfers and as I have been in Maraa for 6.5 months, I think I'm gone this Saturday. Bummer that I can't go to the temple with them, but, we'll see!
Deep House Cleaning - First time the fridge has been cleaned out in 6 months:)
Also, this week we had the missionary concert at our Stake! It was fun to sing for people I actually knew, and I had the chance to bear my testimony. Normally I am not scared to speak in front of a group. But, in French, I'm not that great at expressing my thoughts ha ha ha! So it was crazy nerve wracking, and I hope it was ok ha ha ha! I'll put my thought below.

Other than that, this week was very rainy and we did our best! We have some baptismal potential, and we are in the contacting/finding phase again. Always some interesting moments there!
An abandoned hot tub that we found while on a hike - Erie...
Funny Moment: One of the Elders in my MTC group is Elder Meyer. When I came to our zone (Paea), he was there. Then he got transfered. Then, he came back a few months later. And last week, he was in an emergency transfer and left Paea again! What a fun thing to say that He was here, left, came back, all during when I was here ha ha ha!
Poor Elder McLelland.  He has fallen for two consecutive days off of his bike.  Not a happy moment...
The water behind him is a 1.5 foot ditch.
Culture shock: So, here many healthy things are expensive, so, we sometimes have to resort to unhealthy foods. Below are some of the foods I ate this week :) (Don't worry, I don't eat like this all the time!)
Pizza with BBQ sauce, ham, more BBQ sauce :)
A Hamburger Sandwich with French Fries and Chocolate Moose for dessert
I never really liked Oreos, but I could not resist trying the new Triple-Double flavor
But then I bought a salad, so it all evened out:)
Spiritual Thought: President Monson said in the 2015 October General Conference that we need to share our light with others. The reason why? I read in Alma 19:6, where King Lamoni received the word of God from Ammon, and was cast into a coma-like state. The reason why was because the dark veil of unbelief was being cast from his mind. Obviously that is the work of the Spirit, but who brought the Spirit? Ammon. If we want to help others and help them cast the veil of unbelief from their minds, the Spirit will do it. But, who will bring that Spirit? 
Will it be you? Or will you be a bystander?
Also, look up Ephesians 5:8. Even if your life is not the best right now, repent, and become a light for others.

Be a light for all the world!

Elder Garff
Beautiful Tahitian Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment