MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, December 19, 2016

How Grateful I am For Christmas


​8 Pineapples for 5 dollars... Not bad :) 
Hey Everyone!
Again, I am pressed for time, but, I will try to have a better email today!

This week was great! Elder Nelson and I have been working hard to change around our sector and have seen some success! We have been trying to build a great relationship with all of our auxiliary leaders, who continue to work with us even during this season of Christmas! This ward is great and there are miracles to come!
Also, this week, I was able to call my old companions Elder Piazza and Elder Peel at Raiatea (the sector that I just left). There are so many miracles happening right now for them and I had the best 42 minute phone call of my life! They are doing awesome! I can't wait to hear how this transfer goes for them!
​Congrats to Tetu (on the right) who was baptized last Saturday! She is an investigator in my old sector of Tevaitoa and her path to baptism was truly remarkable! Congrats Tetu! 
Congrats also to Daisy! (Sitting down in the middle) who was baptized with Tetu!
Awesome day! So happy for the two! 
That is really it for the week, I am just happy to have the chance to Skype with my family! I am pumped to see them all and hope that all of you have a great Christmas season with your families too! No matter where we are, we cannot escape the Spirit of the Lord! Enjoy the warmth this Christmas season, the warmth that will drown out the physical and spiritual cold!

Funny Moment: An Elder in our house, Elder Campbell, saw my pineapple juice and decided to take a few sips, hoping I wouldn't notice. But, as I am an expert in Rotui pineapple juice, I was able to feel the ounce difference. I formally accused him and dubbed him "juice stealer". Such a great time ha ha ha! 
Josh and the "Juice Bandit" aka Elder Campbell who is a great missionary.
He was just unaware of the fact that Josh seems to take his pineapple juice very seriously.
Culture Shock: Normally you can leave your sector to go see baptisms in your old sectors. Unfortunately, my last sector requires a plane... So I was unable to go :( But, calling them by phone was a great blessing! 

Spiritual Thought: Last year, Elder Christofferson said that the Spirit of Christmas was like a warm fire. We don't need to do anything special to feel the Spirit of Christ, we just have to sit back and enjoy the fire. I shared that last year, and share the same thought this year, with the thought to be thankful for the fire that is there. This week I have been brought to my knees every night in gratitude for the things the Savior has done for me and the people of Bora, Maraa, Raiatea, and Orofero. The Savior really is all powerful. This Christmas season, I encourage all of you to sit back, enjoy the warmth of the Spirit, and to thank God for that warmth. Words can't express the gratitude I have for God the Father, Jesus Christ, and their plan for us to return to them.

Joyeux Noel! Noela maitai ia outou!

Elder Garff 
Noel Parties in Tahiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment