MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week 1 - Surviving Provo

Hey everyone! The first week at the MTC has been great! My companion, Elder Clements is awesome and the other Elders and Sisters going to Tahiti are amazing as well!

So, surprise for the week, I walked in and we started learning Tahitian, not French, I was surprised to say the least! So, now we are teaching people in Tahitian and I have no clue what is happening! So, wish me luck as I learn a language I know nothing about for the next few weeks here!

The greatest lesson that I learned this week was that in order to truly be like Christ, we need to turn outward, not inward. As we turn outward in service, we are more like Christ and we are able to do more things that He would want us to do. Instead of turning inward in times of trial and pain, Christ turned outward and performed the most selfless act of history in the Atonement. So, my challenge for the week is to look outward and care for others instead of looking inward and only caring for your own needs. That's what I had to do the first week, and it has made all the difference in my mission!

Hope you all had a good week!

Elder Garff

P.S. Sorry, I didn't upload any pictures, I think I lost my camera already ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment