MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 4 More Tahitian and LOTS of Vowels

Hey all!

This week was very similar to other weeks, but was a good one all the same! One of the things that changed this week was all of the new faces that arrived at the MTC! Hopefully the picture will send, but I saw one of my best friends this week, Elder Smith-Driggs! It was awesome to see him, Elder Larson, Sister Clark, Elder Bone, Sister Ring, and many more to come!

This week is also the Mission President Seminar, so the Quorum of the 12 Apostles will be coming! I don't know if I'll get to meet any of them, but I'm sure there will be an amazing Spirit!

Spiritual Thought of the Week:
This week I definitely learned the lesson of patience. I learned that no matter how patient we think we are, there are times where we have to be extra patient. When preparing lessons in Tahitian, I find myself very frustrated and then giving a lesson, it's even more frustrating because I can't tell what my investigator is saying! As Elder Richard G. Scott once said: "Patience is a great virtue to aspire to have. The only problem is we want it right now!". So, this week I definitely learned to maintain my long term perspective, look past the present moment, and endure until the blessings arrive and even after they arrive. So be patient in all things!

Fun Fact of the week:
Again, if the picture shows up, I met a Sister Garff, no joke. It was so weird to see someone with my last name that I'm not related to, it was crazy awesome!

Ua ita au e e nenehe Varua Maitai mau mea atoa mai te mea e ani tatou. Na roto Iesu Mesia e nenehe tatou ia riro ma e ia riro tamarii a te Atua! Ua hinaaro tatou ia faaroo ia Iesu Mesia e e pure tatou e Ona. Ua here au ia outou!
 
Orometua Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment