MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 6 - Starting French - Oui!

Hey everyone!

I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July! Here at the MTC we tried our best to celebrate! One event that we had was a 4th of July Devotional which included a flag presentation of every flag represented by natives or missionaries going to that specific country. My companion, Elder Clements, was chosen to be the flag bearer for Tahiti, and since I was his companion, I was able to go with him :) Lucky days! Then we watched the fireworks from the "Stadium of Fire" it was one of the few exciting things that ever happens in that stadium... GO UTES!!!!! :D :D :D

 
On another note, we transitioned to French this week and it was a huge struggle... In Tahitian, we have to pronounce every letter of every word and in French, it seems like we don't pronounce any of the words. So, with my background of Spanish and Tahitian, French is so foreign to me!!! But, my district is full of awesome French speakers, so it'll hopefully be a good transition!

 
I hope that all is well back at Utah and that everyone is enjoying everything in life right now!
 
Funny moment of the week:
I don't know a lot of French and when I asked our teacher where he was from, he told me he was from the planet Mars. All the fluent French speakers started laughing, and I had no clue what was going on ha ha ha! I just smiled and said "Maitai Roa"! (Tahitian for "Very Good")


Thought of the week:
Only through breaking us down can the Lord build us up. A building that needs to be improved must be broken down in some way to be built up to a more glorious state. I have found this fact to be true as I have definitely been under construction in many different ways in the MTC. I had my way of doing things, but as I humble myself and view things the way the Lord would like me to view them, I become more receptive to His blessings and I become stronger. I have many mistakes and flaws, and when I am humble and willing to let the Lord build me instead of wanting to build myself, I find that I become the Elder that He wants me to be and not the Elder I want to be. The Lord can make a lot more out of our lives than we can, so we need to humble ourselves, and give Him the tools and follow His plan.

Elder Garff
 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment