MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hello From Tahiti!




Hello from Tahiti! This week was definitely a crazy week to say the least! And pardon my mistakes if they are any, the keyboard is all messed up here, tons of letter switched spots ha ha ha!

So, I definitely didn't understand a whole lot of French, or Tahitian. When I bore my testimony, I told the congregation that they were from Utah, and I was trying to say that I was from Utah ha ha ha! Everyone speaks very fast here and it has been a struggle to listen to what people are trying to say. I am hoping that that changes fast and by the rate that things are going, I think it will come! Right now, we are covering é areas, so our schedules every day are crazy packed! There literally isn't an hour of the day that isn't filled with study, teaching, or meetings! My trainer, Elder Borgothaus, is almost at the end of his mission, and it has been awesome having him as my trainer! I've already learned a lot from him already!

Probably the biggest news of the week is that we had a baptism! "Ko hi" (I can't spell her name, but that's how it is pronounced) was baptized and when she was baptized, I definitely felt the Spirit and am excited for the baptisms that we have lined up for next week!
 


Well, that's all for now, I have to go, but my Spiritual thought for the week is patience. I always thought that I had patience, but I found that I don't. As people spoke this week, I got to the point where I was sick and tired of not understanding and not being able to speak to them. But, in Ether 12:6 we learn that it is only after a trial of our faith that we receive the blessings. I don't know how long I will be in the dark with the language, but with God, anything is possible and I just need to try my best and rely in Him!

Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment