MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, March 7, 2016

Happy Birthday Dad! 24 Straight Days of Rain

Crossing the river, this time with the water up to our knees and almost covering the wheels of my bike!

Hey you all!

I have to start off by giving my Dad a birthday shoutout! It was yesterday, but, everyone, if you could give him a rum tart, I think that would do nicely! Unfortunately, I do not think I can send any raw fish to him, so I can't send food...

This week was a crazy week! We went on 2 splits, and every hour of every day was filled, so needless to say, me and Elder Davis were pretty tired at the end of our week! Us, and our DMP (ward mission leader). We went with him a lot this week and it was really cool having him in all of our lessons! He actually speaks the language unlike us ha ha ha! And, he has great experiences that relate to every investigator, love this man!!!

Like always, things here are going well. We have people to teach, we are trying our best to find people, and trying our best to be obedient! Without obedience, good luck with anything Gospel related, it is impossible! Because every blessing that comes is because of our obedience to that law upon which it is predicated!
With Elder Davis about to cross the many waters

Culture Shock: So, just a little bit ridiculous, it has been raining now for 24 straight days... So everything we have is soaked!
Playing Chess with empty Rotui juice bottles

Funny Moment: I have been keeping all of the juice containers that I have been drinking here, and this week, Elder Millerberg and Elder Rybin decided to play chess with all of my juice ha ha ha! I won't give the exact number yet that I have consumed, but it's a lot!
Purple Sunset!  You've got to love having a house on the beachside!

Spiritual Thought: At the last event of our week, we watched the Joseph Smith movie in French. Hard to understand, but the one language that I felt was the Spirit. At the end of the movie, like always, I felt the Spirit very strongly and I cannot deny that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Maybe we get caught up in our own trials and our own lives, but compared to this great man, I know that my trials personally are not near what he suffered. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called by God and we need to follow the church that God reestablished through him. If you don't have this testimony, watch the Joseph Smith movie, and ask God if Joseph Smith is a prophet. God will respond through your heart and mind through the power of the Holy Ghost!

A la prochain!

Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment