MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, March 14, 2016

Taking the Elders to Isengard

The New Electric Fence
Hey all! This week was another week of rain and craziness!

I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I'll try to hit all the big things! The biggest thing that happened this week was we helped a lot of our investigators progress to baptism. It is interesting to see the Lord's hand in everything as I have seen tons of people who I didn't think would get baptized get baptized! Little miracles here and there which happen because of little obedience here and there are remarkable to see!

Culture Shock: Here, they have different names for things than we do at home. For example, Spongebob is "Bob de l'éponge" (Bob of Sponge), snow man is "bonne homme de neige" (good man of the snow) and St. Patricks Day "le faite du boir" (the holiday of drinking)! Just a little amusing!

Funny Moment: Definitely goes to our gate becoming electric. The other Elders have the car and the remote. We have bikes and a key. I feel like a Hobbit going to Isengard!
DMP, The Best Missionary of Tahiti

Spiritual Thought: Our DMP (Ward mission leader) came with us this week, on bike! Awesome to see a 54 year old guy following us on bike! He is very dedicated to the work, and when I get back from my mission, I want to be the kind of person that the missionaries and the ward leaders will look up to, like our Ward Mission Leader! I love that man to death! So, be like DMP!!! Frère Gilkey!!!

Love you all!!

Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment