MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, November 28, 2016

I Am Grateful For...

I am grateful for pineapple juice, pineapple ice cream, and pineapples in general.
Hello Everyone!

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Here in Tahiti, we really don't have a Thanksgiving... I would say because of two things... 1. We eat crazy well here every day. So it is like we have a Thanksgiving feast every night! 2. Many people are grateful for every little thing. So, we are surrounded by gratitude wherever we go! So, I can say that I have had a constant Thanksgiving for 18 months!
And we are grateful for breakfast - left by the Seminary students
And speaking of 18 months... all of the Sister missionaries in my promotion are going home next week! It is crazy to think that some of the people I started my mission with are already done! I will miss my "Mau Tuahine Mau", Sisters: Daniels, Kelsey, Morrill, Olsen, Pita, James, Thornock, and Stone. Loved having the chance to serve beside to'u mau tuahine mau!

This week was a crazy week that drained energy, but we are all still alive, so that is what counts ha ha ha! We have been running all over the place and have been constantly doing tasks for our areas, the district, the zone, and the mission! One of the best parts of the week was playing the piano for the Young Womens program this week! I can now say I have worked with all of the women's organizations at Vaiaau ha ha ha! It was a great program and they did well!
Another photo with our awesome Sister Missionaries
Funny Moment: This will go to the moment where we were doing a zone report and our phone suddenly decided to block the cellular signal. So, below Elder Piazza is calling with the Church phone, because our phone stopped working... Not a huge fan of our phone...
Efficiency at its best
Culture Shock: The past 6 months have been a little crazy in Tevaitoa and I have seen something that never happens in Salt Lake. The past 6 months, we have changed: The Bishopric, Young Men, Young Women, Youth Single Adult Leaders, Relief Society, Sunday School, Missionary, and Primary organizations, with the Elders Quorum changing next week. Wow!
Pineapple - gotta love it!
Spiritual Thought: This week, I would like to share a thought about remembering the Savior. In the April Conference, Elder Wong spoke about this subject. For each of us, if we want to live a fuller life, we must remember God. One of the ways we can do this is by being grateful for all that will come in our lives. For things that we don't understand, for things that are hard, for everything we need to thank God and trust in Him. I hope that each one of you expressed your gratitude to God for the gift of His Son Jesus Christ and His Gospel!

Love you all!

Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment