MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, May 16, 2016

Temple, Starbursts, and Balloons

Josh and Elder Putoa at the Tahiti Temple
This week was a good week! Elder Putoa and I got Elder McClelland (too bad he wasn't here for St. Patrick's Day...) and he is awesome! Pictures will come next week, we forgot to take them ha ha ha! But, we are in a trio again and will stay in a trio until the end of the month, when Elder Putoa is expected to get his visa. So, not a whole lot of computer time!

Overall, we didn't have a whole lot of new things happen, just a lot of recent convert lessons and a lot of meetings that we attended. The best of which was at the temple. It isn't often we can go to the temple, but it is amazing every time I go. On the mission, one of the things that I miss often is the temple. So, for all of you, make sure to go to the temple to find peace, something we all need!
"Always fun teaching the Law of Tithing to kids!  Takivera's eyes were huge as we poured the sack of Starbursts into his hands because he paid his "Tithing!".

Also, we started our missionary concerts this week! It was an awesome experience and I am in a octet, and we are singing "Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy" in Tahitian, French, and English! Awesome experience! I'll try to take some pictures later!

Last thing, happy birthday Grandpa Anderson! I hope that you had a great birthday and that someone ran over your lawn chair at least once!

Funny Moment: Always a great moment when a bird poops on you in the middle of a lesson, and then poops on your missionary companion... I just have a feeling the animals don't like me here.
"It was Elder Chion Hock's birthday, so why not make balloons!  Needless to say he was happier than he looks in this picture" We are so glad that Josh's time in Skyline Balloon Club is starting to pay off,  yet, we can't seem to make out any of the animals that these Elders are holding...
Culture Shock: Speaking of animals, if you are queasy, don't read this. But, I was riding my bike and next to me, a car was going full speed, a dog ran out in the middle of the road, and yep, the car ran over and killed the dog, in front of my eyes! First time I have ever seen that and it was pretty dramatic! And just like usual here, the car didn't stop, but kept going... Sketchy experience...

Spiritual Thought: Lately I have been reading an old Conference talk from President Monson titled "Finishers Wanted". In his talk he lists 6 marks of a true finisher: One who has a vision, works for it, has faith, has virtue, courage, and prays. For this transfer, my goal is to study each of the 6 topics and be a better finisher. You can only do something once, and you can choose to give up, finish poorly, or finish completely.

Ua here vau ia outou!

Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment