MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, August 29, 2016

Follow the Beer Bottle Road

You've GOT to love District activities on a boat!
Ia ora na Outou!

Today, I looked at my companion and said "We're not in Kansas anymore". We tried to follow the Yellow Brick Road, but because we are in Tahiti, we followed the Beer Bottle Road. A little different, but it led us to an investigator, so I was OK with it.
The Beer Bottle Road!  We think that the beer bottles are the foundation and they poured cement on top of them to create a nice smooth road:)
   This week was a good week! It was mainly spent in preparation for President and Sister Bize who arrived yesterday and who will stay with us until Tuesday. It has been great talking with them and I have learned a lot! President Bize gave a talk at a fireside yesterday which was really inspiring for me, (see the Spiritual Thought below.) And, while President is here, we are going to give a formation. So, needless to say, there is a lot of preparation this week!
Another Sunset, like the ones we get to see every day here.  You just gotta love Tahiti!
Also, we had a lot of great lessons this week and we saw a lot of progression. We are still in the building mode of our sector, but we are close! The members are working hard, and the miracles are bound to come!

I don't have a lot to say this week, as time is short again, but I hope that everyone is loving school, and that everyone is getting excited to watch the University of Utah crush byU in football this year! :)
GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny Moment: Will go to finding the Beer Bottle Road. Something that I don't think I'll ever find in Utah!

Culture Shock: With everyone in school and me on a mission, I thought that I escaped homework... But, with preparation for a formation, I found myself typing a presentation on a computer screen for hours! So, school extends into the mission field too!
Hunted by a little Tahitian girl!
Spiritual Thought: President Bize spoke at the fireside about the Church. It is literally the Church of Christ, or the Church of miracles. The same power that Christ, Peter, John, James, and the other apostles uses is in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints today. Now, it is up to us. Do we have the faith to do those miracles? Do we have the mindset of Christ? Do we see others as the Christ? If we say yes to those questions, we can do mighty miracles. And, we can do the small miracles too, if we have the eyes to see the opportunities.

Have faith and do miracles this week!

Elder Garff
Surfing...as close as I can get!
The hose wasn't available, but luckily it was raining and we were able to wash the car with rain water and sink water.


No comments:

Post a Comment