MTC

MTC
Elder Josh Garff

Monday, February 6, 2017

You have GOT To Be Kidding Me.

The brown spots that you see are ants.  Yes, ants.  We found that they made a colony only in my clothes.  When we took out the clothes, there were no ants in the basket.  Around the basket, no ants.  You have got to be kidding me.
And this is me.  Because the ants invaded my shorts, I had to sleep in my slacks.
Ia ora na to'u mau hoa here!

This week was a little insane! We had a lot of meetings as a mission and because of the missionary broadcast (like you have all heard), we had to make some changes. Missionary life is going to be much simpler, and I like the direction of the Church in general. Right now, there is a big push for missionaries (and members) to be "agents unto themselves". More on that later. But, this week was a very administrative week!

Other than that, we ran all over the place! I was able to do a split with Elder Owens who just became a zone leader at Mahina! It was great to be with him and to see what things he is doing to turn his zone around! This upcomming week, I have the chance to do a split with the Elders of Raromatai in my old zone! I am super pumped and can't wait to see them all!

I hope that this week was great! A big Shout Out to my Gam who is turning a mere 50 years old! I guess that is what chocolate does to you! Your time on earth increases, but your age decreases! 
Bought these little beauties to bring the Spirit of Chinese New Year into the mission office :)
Funny Moment: This will go to the moment where we had a competition between Elder Drugeon and Elder Anderson. Elder Drugeon bought Rice Krispies. Elder Anderson bought "Tilos" an off-brand. They had a competition, and the off-brand was horrible. We have only been making jokes about Tilo, the 4 fingered-toothless crocodile!
Culture Shock: I don't know what the problem is with ants, but they got into my laundry, AGAIN. I couldn't even believe my eyes. They were only in my laundry, not around it, not in the proximities, not in the laundry of my companion, but in my things. I can now say the ants have invaded my: Shirts, Pants, 3 Suitcases, Bike, Helmet, Bed, Shorts, T-Shirts, Scripture Bag, and Proselyting Bag. These things have GOT to find a hobby.
Spiritual Thought: With the changes in the missionary program, I have seen a greater emphasis placed on D&C 58:26-28. If missionaries, or members, are commanded in all things and there are too many controls, we become lazy and unprofitable servants. Instead, we are exorted to become increasingly independent as individuals, and increasingly dependant on Christ. Before, missionaries were encouraged to be independent but, dependant on numbers and leaders of the mission. Now, there is an emphasis that you don't work for the numbers. Rather, you work for Christ because you love Him.

Love you all!

Elder Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment